2019 Illinois Credit Union Connect Agenda
Schedule at a Glance
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
|8:00 a.m.||Exhibit Hall & Complimentary Breakfast|
|9:00 – 9:45 a.m.||Concurrent Breakout Sessions|
|9:45 – 10:30 a.m.||Visit the Vendors|
|10:30 – 11:15 p.m.||Concurrent Breakout Sessions|
|11:15 – 11:45 a.m.||Visit the Vendors|
|11:45 – 12:30 p.m.||Concurrent Breakout Sessions|
|12:30 – 1:45 p.m.||Buffet Lunch|
|12:30 – 1:30 p.m.||Leadership Luncheon (by invitation only)|
|2:00 – 2:45 p.m.||Concurrent Breakout Sessions|
|3:00 p.m.||Raffles & Prizes|
|3:15 p.m.||Show Concludes|
Click the links below to see the slide decks from the educational breakout sessions at Illinois Credit Union Connect, November 6, 2019.
Beyond 2020: People, Process, Technology – Sanjay Kapur
ICU Foundation Financial Health
Education & Fundraising
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ICU Foundation Financial Health Seminar
4:45 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. ICU Foundation Fundraiser
Click for full details Tuesday Agenda
Click for Exhibit Hall Floor Plan
Wednesday, November 6, 2019 AGENDA
Breakfast, Trade Show Floor, Networking
9:00 AM Breakout Sessions
How to make your Deposits Reporting and Analytics more powerful!
In the changing economic world in which we live, to make the most of your deposits strategies, you need to have the right tools in your tool belt. In this session, we look at some of the most sought-after analysis and reporting a financial institution should have to set themselves up for success. It’s all about knowing your data and how to use it to your advantage to make educated decisions to grow your deposits and increase your profit.
3 Learning Objectives:
• Learn best practices and advanced capabilities for deposits reporting.
• Discover how to use analytics to your advantage.
• Understand the value of good source data to enable accurate, powerful reporting.
Visible Equity, an nCino company
Top Ten Opportunities to Maximize Member Experience and Optimize Financial Performance
CU Engage will help simplify the complicated payments and digital experience landscape of today’s vendors, help you figure out the questions you should be asking both yourself and your processors, and guide you toward easy changes that can be made today in your own credit union.
• Simplifying the vendor landscape
• Help you determine which questions you should be asking
• Help you discover small changes that can make a big impact
Leading in the fast lane & Driving a Positive Culture
Is it Magic? Is it Hard Work? How do you maintain relevance in a competitive environment?
In this session – learn how history has taught us – LEADERSHIP & your credit union’s CULTURE go hand in hand in driving positive change!
President & CEO
Corporate America Credit Union
I’m just trying to help you
People need the checking, savings, credit and loan services you offer. So why does your credit union get passed over when it’s time to sign up those new accounts? There can be a number of reasons; most revolve around communication. Eliminate those communication hurdles that keep people away with clear, consistent messaging that speaks to your most important features. In this session, we’ll explore which potential members are the best fit for your credit union, analyze the moments that matter to those people, and identify the features that make your institution a good choice for them. We’ll also cover tips for getting the best web traffic and how to get the most from that traffic once it’s on your site.
SEM/PPC Program Lead
10:30 AM Breakout Sessions
Does Your Overdraft Strategy Have the Right Perspective?
Focus on member service needs and best practices is key to successful outcomes
After five consecutive years of year-over-year increases, credit unions experienced a drop-in overdraft revenue for the first quarter of 2019. As regulators review the rules governing overdraft services and next generation technologies provide new tools for improving program management, is it time to take a look at your overdraft philosophy and strategies to make sure you’re getting optimal results? This session will provide proven advice on how to implement best overdraft service practices that result in a reliable revenue stream and compliance peace of mind for your credit union and increased financial security for your members.
• Overview of regulatory compliance and industry trends related to overdraft privilege
• Potential litigation issues and how financial institutions across the nation are responding
• Key performance indicators for more successful overdraft results
• The role of next generation analytics and reporting capabilities in capturing missing income, setting realistic goals and effective problem-solving strategies
• The correlation between ongoing employee education and greater program outcomes
• Keys to more informed member choice and better service experiences
Executive Vice President-Compliance
John M. Floyd & Associates
Secrets Revealed: 10 Things Your Core IT Provider Will NOT Tell You
In this session, Aaron Silva will take you through 10 critical issues and negotiating secrets that bankers should know before they sit down at the negotiating table. Silva will discuss his latest proprietary research findings that outline the problems, pitfalls and best practices in restructuring vendor contracts based on nationwide intelligence. Through real life examples of how banks and credit unions often pay in excess of $1 million more than necessary over the life of their core services contracts, you will learn how to dramatically improve your core and IT spending efficiency and better protect your institution from downstream risks hidden within their contracts.
If you’re a c-level executive at a community financial institution, you will not want to miss this session!
What you’ll learn:
• Critical issues and negotiating secrets that bankers should know
• Why banks and credit unions often pay in excess of $1 million more than necessary over the life of their core services contracts
• How to dramatically improve core and IT spending efficiency
• The ultimate effect of overlooked contract terms
• What may be hidden in your bank’s contract that stifles growth and kills M&As
• How to acquire the right fintech to make your financial institution more competitive
President & CEO
Paladin fs & Golden Contract Coalition
Text Messaging for Credit Unions
9 out of 10 consumers would like to be able to use Text Messaging to communicate with businesses. But what’s stopping Credit Unions from leveraging Text Messaging to engage members? The three main challenges that Credit Unions face are –
- Compliance and Security – How do we meet FCC/TCPA regulations?
- IT Integrations – How do we integrate Text Messaging into our existing IT systems?
- Business Intelligence – How do we know whether Text Messaging channel is working for us?
Learn how you can start Texting your members today and provide them the experience they want. By attending this session, you will learn:
– How other industries are leveraging the power of Text Messaging
– How you can use the high engagement and response rates of Text Messaging for Marketing, Lending, Collections, Sales/Service, Member Onboarding, Risk Mgmt. and other use cases
– What you can do to remove obstacles to adopting Text Messaging at your Credit Union
CEO and Co-Founder
Trends in the payment space
The audience will have a thorough understanding of the current marketplace plus leave with insight into the future. Attendees will leave the session with ideas to help them plan for payments in the future with a focus on person-to-person transactions. Julie is an engaging presenter who is sure to not only keep you informed but also entertained.
Senior Sales Executive
Money Movement at FIS
11:45 AM Breakout Sessions
The Software Defined Credit Union (SDCU) : Technology that Transforms the Credit Union.
Improve efficiency, provide security through micro-segmentation, and improve risk management. Software-defined networking technology is an approach to network management that enables dynamic, programmatically efficient network configuration in order to improve network performance and monitoring making it more like cloud computing than traditional network management.
Chief Technology Officer
Pure IT CUSO
The Hidden Risk of The Auto Lending Boom
While credit unions are enjoying the recent surge in auto lending, digging deeper into the numbers reveals some potentially troubling trends. During this enlightening session, you’ll gain insights into why your most loyal members may be vulnerable, why you’re not marketing as effectively as you think, and steps to take to strengthen your member relationships.
Navigating the New Interest Rate Paradigm…
Given the unprecedented investment environment that Credit Union portfolio managers are now facing, we will explore how you can understand what is causing the current investment environment, identify investment opportunities, and adapt your investment portfolio strategy which can lead to Investment Portfolio Peer Group Outperformance.
• Veritas…The S-L-Y investment principal was/is a mistake… S-Y-L reflects reality!
• Are my Investment policies preventing me from an Outperforming Investment Portfolio?
• Is there any unrealized value to my members beyond my SimpliCD world?
• How do I identify the right market sectors to invest my excess liquidity?
• Can the U.S. Treasury Curve really trade at Negative Yields?
• Managing an investment portfolio with flashbacks to 2009-2016, Hope is not a Strategy!
Director – Investments
Credit Union Investment Strategy Group
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Video Banking: Exceed Expectations & Deliver Exceptional Virtual Branch Experiences
Complete experiences through a single channel, and avoid outdated communication methods that require consumers to navigate multiple channels to acquire a single new product or service. Video banking will help you deliver convenient experiences, build trust, and increase access to experts at the branch, at home, or on the go. Learn how multi-channel video banking, centralized lending, and virtual experiences can be deployed at your financial institution today.
CEO & Founder
12:30 PM Executive Lunch
Beyond 2020: People, Process, Technology
Consumers need financial institutions to complete their financial journeys. They need money that drives everyday economics – it drives their needs, helps with problems, and fuels their aspirations. The consumer we serve has a myriad of choices in who they use and they can have more than 10 financial relationships in their lifetime.
How do we insert ourselves into the center of each relationship? How do we become part of everyday transactions? Do you know what these consumers truly want? What does it take to become the primary financial institution? How do we leverage emerging technology as an enabler?
What would it take to move beyond 2020?
- Our people need to be developed into sought after financial counsellors who are empathetic and knowledgeable
- Our processes should allow simplified one/two touch transactions that offer absolute ease and convenience
- Our technology should leverage biometrics, data, and AI to deliver efficient and effective experiences
This inspirational discussion will highlight the key challenges we face, provide anecdotal case studies from around the world, and provide us with the right questions to ask as we define our roadmap for success.
2:00 PM Breakout Sessions
Contactless Tap to Pay
Contactless momentum and trends in the U.S. An overview of the current U.S. contactless landscape (acceptance and issuance), along with an early look at contactless spend patterns and trends. Transit momentum and progress will also be covered.
Director, Debit Product Strategy
Credit Unions and Healthcare: Boost the Retirement Market by Collaborating with Digital Health Technology to Improve Health and Financial Outcomes for Your Members on Medicare
Attendees will learn:
- The market value of Medicare insurance sales
- The links between member health and financial health
- The financial health care challenges members face
- The digital health tools that can improve health and financial outcomes for members and boost revenue for credit unions.
Community Lead/Business Development
Anticipating Member Need’s Through Analytics and Automation
How do changes in your member behavior predict what they are going to do next? Are their clues in your data which allows you to anticipate your member’s needs? Is there a way to look for these clues and to leverage this data? Is it possible to marry the wealth of data available with processes that automatically communicate with your members at the most appropriate time.
In this session, learn some easy wins you can take back to your credit union for immediate an impact and discover some deeper strategies which will drive long term results.
SVP, Regional Manager